Massage is one of the most natural means of alleviating pain and discomfort both psychologically and physiologically.
- Stress reduction
- Retreat from psychological burdens
- Experience of a loving touch
- Pain reduction, increase joint movement, lessens body stiffness
- Headaches and migraines
- Neck – pain reduction, increased mobility
- Shoulders – pain reduction, increased mobility
- Arms/Hands – pain reduction, increased mobility
- Back ache – pain reduction, increased hip mobility
- Legs – pain reduction, increased mobility
- Feet – pain reduction, increased mobility
- General body pain reduction, with increased body mobility
- Swedish (relaxing) – Swedish massage is the most popular type of massage in the United States. It involves the use of hands, forearms or elbows to manipulate the superficial layers of the muscles to improve mental and physical health. Active or passive movement of the joints may also be part of the massage. The benefits of Swedish massage include increased blood circulation, mental and physical relaxation , decreased stress and muscle tension, and improved range of motion.
- Deep Tissue – Deep tissue massage is used to release chronic patterns of muscular tension using slow strokes, direct pressure, or friction directed across the grain of the muscles. It is applied with greater pressure and to deeper layers of muscle than Swedish, which is why it is called deep tissue and is effective for chronic muscular tension.
- Trigger Point Therapy – Trigger point therapy is a bodywork technique that involves the application of pressure to tender muscle tissue in order to relieve pain and dysfunction in other parts of the body. It may also be called myofascial (myo meaning muscle, fascial meaning connective tissue) trigger point therapy. Trigger point therapy is sometimes regarded as one of a group of treatment aproaches called neuromuscular therapy or NMT. Myotherapy , developed by Bonnie Prudden , is a related type of trigger point therapy.
- Myofascial Release – Myofascial Release is a gentle and safe technique. The technique involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions. Its purpose is to gently eliminate pain and restore mobility to the affected areas of concern. It is effective in eliminating back pain, migraines, frozen shoulder, carpal tunnel syndrome, neck pain, plantar fasciitis and many other conditions of chronic pain.
The combination of Etienne’s warm healing hands, calm voice and gentle touch make for a deep, rich and relaxing experience on the massage table. One moment his fun sense of humor has one laughing with joy and the next his spiritual wisdom shines through. As a spiritual counselor, Etienne is centered, focused and fully present to the person in front of him while listening to the Voice of Spirit from within.
Over the past several years, I have come to know and appreciate Etienne Pait as a friend and mentor. I know I can trust his hard-won wisdom in life and spiritual matters, as well as his energetic commitment to experiencing each moment as it comes. I count on Etienne’s wisdom when I get caught up in the stress and pressure of modern life. I enjoy a more personal and professional confidence, because of my relationship with Etienne, his writings and his ministry. Etienne’s approach to healing leads to a more centered way of making decisions and leading an authentic life. For me this is critical
Over twenty years of knowing Etienne Pait, I have marveled at his combination of deep wisdom, compassionate healing, and down to earth sense of humor.
I have known Etienne for nearly a decade as an inspiring author, public speaker/presenter, massage therapist extraordinaire, affirming intuitive, compassionate spiritual director and healing friend! In all of our connections I’ve been enlightened, uplifted, encouraged and challenged in profound ways.
I have had the privilege of knowing Etienne both personally and professionally for over two decades. Observing his consistent dedication to God and being present to his radiating joy continues to inspire and provide encouraging energy so welcome in my life’s journey.
I have worked with Etienne Pait for approximately 15 years. Etienne is a great Spiritual Teacher and Intuitive Reader. He has compassion and also sets the tone for allowing humor and a down to earth atmosphere in both teaching and counseling. In the future, I would like to see him continue setting a fabulous precedent for all Spiritual/Intuitive Counselors with his values, his wisdom and his Love. A truly gifted teacher and counselor.